This recipe is delicious served warm with a little spread of coconut butter or drizzle of maple or date syrup and a lovely cup of herbal tea! It’s hard to believe it’s raw!
By Natalie and Stuart McIntosh of RawFoodforLife.org
2 ½ cups Walnuts
1 cup Psyllium husk
1/2 cup Ground flax seed
6-8 Very ripe bananas
1 cup Fresh dates, pitted and finely chopped
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp organic Vanilla essence
pinch of celtic salt
1/4 cup Maple syrup or sweetener of choice
1/3 cup Water
1. Process 2 cups of the walnuts in the food processor until they look like slightly chunky flour.
2. Remove from food processor and place into a big bowl.
3. Add psyllium husk, flaxseed, remainder of walnuts roughly chopped, dates and salt to the bowl.
3. Place banana, water, spices, and maple syrup into the food processor and process.
4. Mix the banana mixture into the big bowl of dry ingredients. Mix everything together with spoon.
5. Add more water (1/8 cup) if necessary to get dry, dough like texture that you can shape into small loaves.
6. Shape into 4-5 small loaves.
7. Place directly onto dehydrator tray. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour – then reduce temperature to 110 degrees. Dehydrate for another 6-8 hours or so.
Tastes best if eaten right out of the dehydrator and thinly sliced. These don’t last long so if not eaten within a day or so, store in the freezer.
MEET NATALIE AND STUART OF RAWFOODFORLIFE.ORG
Natalie and Stuart McIntosh offer support and share their personal experiences and knowledge as Certified Plant Based Nutritionists with those that are on a natural self healing journey towards optimum health and happiness.
Their inspiration for Raw Food for Life came from a new conscious awareness about their health and wellbeing of all life on planet.
“Eating living plant foods reconnects us to the vital life force of Nature. We hope to inspire you to heal, and experience optimum health within your life with our free raw recipes, tips and information… as together we journey towards a simple and nutritious approach to putting the life back into life!”
CONNECT WITH RAWFOODFORLIFE.ORG