By Kira Trussova
Note from Kira: Magic is everywhere! Even in the small things! I found these balls are magic too because they are fully raw, gluten-free, and absolutely tasty!
1/2 cup almond pulp from nut milk
1 cup walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
1/4 – 1/2 cup cacao powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup frozen cherries
1 – 2 TBS sweetener of choice
1 TBS chia seeds
1 TBS coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 – 2 TBS sweetener of choice
pinch of Himalayan or high mineral salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 TBS coconut nectar (or sweetener of choice)
1 – 2 TBS beet root powder
1. In a food processor, grind walnuts to crumbs. Do not over process as it will become too oily.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except dates) and process again.
3. Then add the dates and process until smooth dough is achieved.
1. Let the frozen cherries thaw.
2. Combine cherries, melted coconut oil, and sweetener in a bowl. Mash them well.
3. Add the chia seeds and stir.
4. Set aside for a couple of hours at warm temperature, stirring occasionally.
5. Then put in the refrigerator overnight to make the jam thick.
1. Add all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
1. Take 2 TBS of chocolate dough and roll them into balls.
2. Using your finger, make an indent or hole in the center of the ball to fill with jam.
3. Take 1 tsp. of thick jam and fill into the indent or hole. Close the dough up and around the whole.
4. Roll into ball.
5. Store in the freezer while making the dark chocolate.
6. Once the chocolate is ready, cover each ball with the chocolate. Put in the freezer again for a couple of minutes to make the chocolate hard.
7. Before serving, dip half of each ball into the pink glaze or use a teaspoon to pour glaze on top of each ball.
8. Make your own magic!
MEET THE CHEF
Twenty three year old raw food chef Kira Trussova from Kazakhstan has always enjoyed making healthy and delicious meals for her family. Being a vegetarian for more than 12 years, she felt she was ready to move on to something healthier. “I wanted to be healthier and explore new things in my life.” That was when she began to eat only raw food. Later she found out that she needed more knowledge in proper nourishment, detox, fasting, and raw food preparation which led her to attend Pure Joy Culinary Academy in 2014. “PJCA satisfied all my demands!”
After the chef training with Elaina Love, Kira explored the real art of raw food and the best way to nourish her body. In 2015, with big support from her father, she opened the firm Raw Joy – High Vibe Food for Your Soul – where she runs a mini shop in a sports club and provides raw food workshops and food delivery service.
She loves to create new raw desserts and raw fast food while staying healthy and in good shape. “I don’t have to sacrifice my desire to eat burgers and chocolates in order to always be ready for the summer season!”
CONNECT WITH KIRA