By Jonny Freesh
Food processor, Blender, 10″ diameter by 2.5″ height spring form pan
1 cup Sunflower Seeds (soaked & dehydrated)
1 ½ cup Desiccated Coconut
2 tbsp Liquid Sweetener of Choice
1 ½ cup Raisins
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 cups Cashews (soaked)
1 cup Young Coconut Meat
1 ¼ cup Coconut Oil
½ cup Liquid Sweetener of Choice
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
4 ¾ tbsp Lime Juice
2 tsp Nutritional Yeast
1 ¼ cup Coconut Water
¾ cup Chopped Banana
1 tbsp Light Miso
1 tbsp Lecithin
3 ½ tsp Lime Zest
4 tbsp Lemon Juice
½ tsp Salt
¼ cup Filling
½ tsp Spirulina Powder
- Blitz all Crust ingredients in food processor until mix sticks between fingers.
- Wipe down spring form pan with Coconut Oil.
- Press Crust only into bottom of pan. Should be about 1 – 1 ½ inch thick.
- Blend all Filling ingredients except Cashews, Coconut Oil and Lecithin until smooth and creamy.
- Add Cashews and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add Coconut Oil and Lecithin and blend until incorporated.
- Set ¼ cup Filling aside and mix with Spirulina.
- Pour Filling into Crust, put little dollops of Spirulina Swirl mix around cake and swirl with skewer or toothpick.
- Let set in fridge for 6-8 hours or freezer for 3-4 hours.
MEET THE CHEF
Jonny’s two main passions in life are raw food and hip hop music. The third is durian.
Raw Food Made Fun, Easy, and Beautiful: 63 Recipes to Take Your Raw Food to the Next Level. He’s particularly fond of desserts, especially chocolate.
“Raw Food is the Beat that I groove to, and Hip Hop is the Voice that I speak with,” says Jonny who has been rapping for five years now and rapping about raw food just over a year ago. His music may be downloaded on his Music Page and you may catch him perform live in Ubud.
His journey into raw food started when a friend who loves raw food and juicing convinced him to do an 8-day juice fast. (Before this, he was a typical college boy who subsisted on beer and pizza.) There was no turning back after that. Months later, he is the proud owner of Raw Food Bali, an online raw food business. He has assisted about a dozen raw food courses and workshops and studied under Elaina Love, and has been teaching and rapping ever since.
As he would always say, keep it freesh, spinach over chicken.
And Jonny is the proud owner of the word FREESH which he likes to explain better thru rap.
CONNECT WITH JONNY