By Chef Mia of Graciously Green
Yield: about 15- 20 balls
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: n/a
Equipment: food processor, cake scraper, a will of steel not to eat the ingredients before you’ve finished! :0)
2 cups of mixed raw and organic nuts – I mainly use pecans and brazils but almonds are also a great choice! For nuts with a brown skin, be sure to soak overnight and dehydrate until dry to get rid of enzyme inhibitors!
8 – 10 juicy medjool dates
1/2 cup of raw and organic cacao powder – full of antioxidants and natural energy
3 TBS carob powder
2 tsp. maca – a superfood known to boost libido, as well as support your nervous system generally
1/4 cup coconut nectar
3 TBS of raw and organic coconut oil – a source of good fats, it actually has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties!
Pinch himalayan pink salt – mineral dense
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of cinnamon – to lift the chocolate flavour
Squeeze slice of 1 slice of lime
2 cups of desiccated coconut (plus extra to roll the truffles)
3/4 cup of raw and organic cocas nibs
1. Blend ingredients in a food processor, leaving out half of the cacao nibs and the coconut, in a blender or food processor on a low speed / pulse.
2. In a bowl, fold the mixture in with ingredients 12-13.
3. On a large plate, place a “sheet” of desiccated coconut and nibs.
4. Makes small balls / truffles with the chocolaty mixture in your hands, and roll in the sheet of coconut to cover the truffle balls.
5. Place in the freezer for approx. 1 hour (you may store in freezer or fridge and take out as needed).
6. Allow to “defrost” for a few minutes before eating.
MEET THE CHEF
Mia, a Certified Raw & Plant-based Chef, Yoga Teacher and Health Coach (AADP*), is the passionate healthy foodie behind Graciously Green where she shares her favourite raw, cooked and plant-based recipes as well as green-living ideas. Mia’s mantra is to eat and live consciously, it’s as simple as that. Chef Mia offers realistic ideas for healthy eating with wholesome recipes that are fun, easy to make and most importantly delicious. A little bit of personal information about Mia; she is a huge animal lover and dotes on her rescue puppy, Zighy. She is often feeding him organic veggies – yes, she trained him well! Mia is also a self confessed chocoholic (raw, vegan and hand-made by her). Mia can be found in Dubai and also sometimes Hong Kong where she runs a little local organic vegetable delivery company called Eat FRESH.
You will soon be able to meet Mia in her new role as Co-Founding Director and Head Chef at NYLA Kitchen, Dubai – watch this space!
*recognised by the Association of Drugless Practitioners
CONNECT WITH CHEF MIA