By Bek Young of Retreats in Your Home
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut nectar or your preferred sweetener
1 pinch of pink salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
half jar of almond butter
15 medjool dates
1. Slice a small slit on one side of the dates and remove seeds.
2. Ensure bowl is extremely dry.
3. Place cacao, coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk to combine.
5. Open almond butter and stir well to ensure butter and oil is combined in jar.
6. With a spoon, place almond butter into the inside of the date.
7. Place date in chocolate and cover evenly.
8. Put some glad wrap on a plate (to prevent sticking) and place chocolate covered dates on plate.
9. Put in freezer to set for 20 to 40 mins.
MEET THE CHEF
Bek Young is an accredited Raw food chef, detoxification consultant and international wellness retreat facilitatator who specialises in fun plant food classes, interesting fermenting experiential sessions, group and individual detoxification programs. She’s chanted mantras all over the globe about the benefits of rawfoods & green smoothies in front of big audiences and pretty much anyone who will listen.
She is the CEO of Retreats in Your Home – Based in London, offering a holistic approach to wellness retreats, personalising and scaling a wellness retreat to cover; Physical, spiritual, mental & emotional health.
She is also an accredited Inner Dance facilitator and certified Reiki Master.
Bek’s philosophy in life is: You can have the best diet in the world, drink high vibe water and reduce junk food intake but the truth of the matter is, is that if you don’t know how to manage your overall stress, enjoy life, laugh, express gratitude and have a good nights sleep it’s probably not really worth it.
CONNECT WITH BEK