January 30, 2015
Embodying Self Mastery: How to get back on the wagon when you’ve fallen off.
I find that this time of year (few weeks after you have committed to a healthier, happier, more gorgeous new you) you might find yourself falling back into old routines and beating yourself up about it a bit.
Here are some things that have helped me when I get mentally or energetically sidetracked:
- Make and drink 16-32 oz. of green juice every day or every other day!
- Recommit to begin again at the next meal or in the next moment with your food choices or your fitness goals by writing down your plan.
- A 5-10 minute walk around the block or jumping or dancing in your home will help reset your binging button or revitalize your mind.
- Talk to friends and/or publicly voice your commitment to your own self-mastery.
- Define what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in your own behavior (i.e. “I will never eat gluten again” or “I will do yoga 4x a week”) and stay strong on those things. Pick 1 new commitment per month or every 3 weeks (the amount of time it takes for it to really stick).
- Commit or re-commit to Intermittent Fasting (IF) 1 or 2 days a week. I fast on only green juice on Sundays and Wednesdays regularly.
- If you fall or wane from your path on any of your commitments, stay positive (don’t wallow), get re-motivated by meditating or reading other people’s stories online.
- Take whatever means necessary to get off your butt!!! and juice or jump, or run or dance, and of course….Breathe!
Here is my latest favorite green juice recipe:
Juicing for Joy!
Makes 3 quarts (or 6 servings)
5 organic cucumbers
2 heads organic celery (about 20 stalks)
1 bunch dandelion greens or 1 large bunch parsley
2 lemons juiced (I don’t put them through the actual juicer since the seeds and skins can be bitter later) or 6 TBS lemon or lime juice
1 small piece ginger or turmeric root (warming and anti-inflammatory)
1 or 1/2 of a jalepeno pepper
1 small green apple if needed for a sweeter flavor, but take them out of the recipe as soon as you are able to enjoy the juice without it
Juice through a Green Star or Cold Press Juicer and keep in glass jars, refrigerated for up to 3 days. Drink often.
On this note, I’d like you to know that starting this year, I will have a special section in my blog (which I will be posting too in Facebook) called Ask Elaina. Here you may throw in things you’ve always wanted to ask me about healthy raw food lifestyle – chef questions, nutrition questions, and fasting questions. You may send in your question at email@example.com or you may post it in my Facebook, just include #AskElaina. I’ll commit to answer all questions! Have fun and looking forward to your questions!